7 ways to wear my @Versace scarf
Long time ago somebody gifted me a piece of beautiful Versace fabric-not knowing what I could do with it, I let it stay in the cupboard for..well...over 3 or 4 years! Last winter when I was sorting out my wardrobe for some fall scarves to match with a Ralph Lauren down jacket, I discovered the same fabric piece again! Since there was a lot of fabric, I cut it into two halves using one for a scarf and the other as a sarong for a beach vacation in South California. :) My supermodel friend Mannat was visiting from London and she agreed to model the scarf and sarong just for sourcingstyle! We came up with 6 ways to style the fabric as a scarf and the 7th style was the sarong.
So next time when you sort out your cupboard, you know what to do with those unused fabric pieces lying around for a long time!:)
1. Fold the fabric diagonally and holding the two diagonal ends gather up the fabric and wrap around your neck so that the ends fall forward. Always a chic style over jackets, trenches, sweaters, tees and anything else you can think of!
2. The same style from number 1 can be knotted in the front for a more formal look-especially looks great under collared jackets and shirts.
3. The same style shown in number 1 can be styled in different ways depending on your mood and the outfit you are wearing.
4. Just wrap the fabric piece around your shoulders over an evening wear dress. It can also make an Oxford shirt look effortlessly elegant-great transition from office to evening when there is absolutely no time for changing clothes!
5. It is always fun to get creative with simple wrap-around styles!
6. Just twist the fabric piece and throw around your neck-it can lighten up an evening dress and come handy as a wrap if the evening gets too cold! Alternatively it is also a great office wear style that lends femininity to buttoned shirts!
7. A luxurious sarong for fun days on beaches in Southern California or South France is always a good idea!